It doesn't happen often in our house that I get to have full control of what we have for dinner. Normally we are both in the kitchen at the same time helping each other with the cooking duties. However last week the girlfriend was at an event in the evening and the cooking was left in my hands.
I decided to search the internet for something simple yet tasty and came across a recipe from Jamie Oliver.
The recipe on Jamies site is for one so I just simply doubled it up.
2 Chicken Breasts
2 - 3 Leeks (Chopped)
1 pack of Pancetta
Preheat oven to 200 / Gas Mark 6
1. Add the chopped Leeks to a bowl
2. Pour a good amount of Olive Oil in the bowl
3. Add the Salt, Pepper, and Thyme to the bowl
4. Pour a generous amount of White Wine in the bowl
5. Add the chicken and get stuck in with your hands mixing everything together
6. Put the chicken to one side and pour the contents of the bowl in to a foil layered tray
7. Wrap the chick in Pancetta
8. Place the wrapped chicken on top of the leeks and sprinkle with some more oil and thyme
9. Cook for about 30 minutes
We were both really pleased with the outcome of this dish. It was so simple and fast to prepare that we will be having this again. The result went down very well when the girlfriend returned home that night and maybe she will trust me more often to prepare dinner alone.